Monday, June 1, 2009

Brain hijacking

Do you think your brain is hijacking your efforts to lose or maintain your weight? More and more articles are coming out about how the brain impacts our ability to stay on track . Now the challenge is to control or alter our behavior when the brain is trying to take control. I find that if I keep my hands busy, such as crafting or crocheting, my hands can't be stuffing my face :) It works for chips, popcorn (one of my favs), but not for the M&M's that don't get the hands dirty and can be popped into the mouth. Solution - don't buy them!!!!! I do like to walk with my dogs and have, on occasion, been tempted to take a couple of bite-sized pieces of chocolate. Problem with that is they melt in my pocket and I'm afraid I might choke while I'm walking. See how my brain is working against me. At least now I'm more aware of this and can hopefully fight it.

No comments:

Post a Comment