Monday, June 15, 2009

Granddaughter's Birthday

Haven't written much or thought much about weight loss efforts. Daughter, sister, her husband and my mother visiting from Seattle, big birthday party for the 1 year old granddaughter over the weekend. Lots of food, socializing. It's so hard for me to resist the goodies all about - chips, (Kettle brand my favorite), deviled eggs, ice cream, yada, yada all the usual stuff. Why is it so difficult to say no and stay true to the diet all day, every day? This morning I had leftover scone from breakfast yesterday, and then later some bacon. Seems the carbs trigger some kind of craving for something else. I believe that is related to blood sugar levels that may be spiking and dropping quickly. I find that if I eat more protein items, I have less of the craving, searching of the kitchen cabinets - after a few days of commitment. Why is it so difficult for some and not for others?

No comments:

Post a Comment