Monday, June 1, 2009

Relating to Kirstie Alley

I CAN relate to Kirstie Alley's weight loss struggle. What is the deal?? It is a simple calories in versus calories out proposition to lost weight! But there must be more to it than that. How does our body get so out of whack that it can't keep a normal weight without a huge struggle?

Well, it probably is a rhetorical question. Obviously lack of exercise, lack of control, too many temptations, portion sizes too large, not enough exercise (yep, wrote that one twice). Think back when our grandparents or maybe even great grandparents were alive. No local grocery stores to run to for our bread and milk. They had to make it themselves, raise it, grow it or trade for it. They didn't have cars, trucks and motorcycles to get anywhere. They had the horses but even riding a horse can be considered exercise - using muscles to balance yourself. There weren't any tractors to help get the fields plowed - they had to walk behind a couple of mules or oxen or horses. Well, you get my drift. Back to my journey.

On 5/26/2009, I decided to lose the weight - again. Started my weight loss plan at 223 lbs. on 5/28, I was at 220.8. I was eating my morning weight loss shake, taking my vitamins and such and having a nice salad (very filling) with some kind of protein (steak, chicken or fish). And I was not inclined to go to the cubbard in response to some craving. On Friday, 5/29, I went for pizza, then ice cream with my family. So I've blown it. The cravings started again and the weekend was .... well, you know. Off the "routine" and struggling to get back on it. Saturday 5/30, I weighed 224.8, today I weigh 224.2. Goes to show how diligent you have to be. I'm back on the program today so we'll see how it goes. Let me know how you're doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment